CTET January 2024: CBSE has announced the January 2024 dates for the Central Teaching Eligibility Test through the official website, ctet.nic.in
As per the CTET January 2024 Information Bulletin PDF, the Online application for CTET January 2024 timeline starts on 03.11.2023 and concludes on 23.11.2023 along with fee submission.
Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria, follow the directions for application and keep up with regular updates for a smooth application process. Once a candidate clears the CTET exam, they become eligible to pursue various government teaching jobs.
|Central Board of Secondary Education
|Application Starts from
|Last Date to Submit Application Fee
|Mode of Examination
|Offline (Pen & Paper Based)
|Medium of Examination
|English & Hindi
|CTET Valid Till
|Paper I – For Primary Teachers (Classes 1 to 5)Paper II – For Elementary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8)
|Twice a Year
|Date of Examination
|To be announced
Application Fee for CTET January 2024
CTET January 2024 Exam application fee is divided based on category and the number of papers selected by the candidate. Check the table given below to identify the fee applicable to individual candidature –
|CTET January 2024 Application Fee
|CTET 2024 (Single Paper – I or II)
|CTET 2024 (Both Papers)
CTET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must hold a Postgraduate degree with a minimum of 55% or equivalent and a three-year integrated B.Ed-M.Ed program
- To be considered for the job position, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by recruiting organisations like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan or Navoday Vidyalaya Samiti, etc.
- CTET certification is a requirement for teacher jobs but not an employment proof
CTET January 2024 Age Restrictions
- Minimum age to sit for the examination is 17 Years
- No Upper limit is followed for CTET candidates
- Age relaxations apply for reserved categories, as per government guidelines
CTET 2024 Educational Qualifications
To appear for the CTET January 2024 Examination, candidates should meet the paper-wise educational qualification. Candidate must meet one of the below-given criteria for the respective paper
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with minimum 50% marks, enrolled or passed in first year or completed a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 45% marks and passed or enrolled in first year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or enrolled in the first year of a 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
|Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
|Graduation and passing or appearing in the first year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
|Graduation with minimum 50% marks and passing or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
|Graduation with at least 45% marks and passing or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) with regularly issued regulations
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of a 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
|Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the first year of 4-year B.A./B. Sc. Ed or B.A.Ed/ B. Sc. Ed.
|Graduation with at least 50% marks and passing or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
CTET Jan 2024 Apply Online
Candidates can apply online for the CTET 2024 Examination before 23rd November 2023 at the official website. Candidates should go through the official CTET January 2024 Exam Notification PDF to identify eligibility, qualifications and all the required documents to complete the application process smoothly –
- Visit the official CTET website at ctet.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link and open the online application form.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill out the form with accurate information.
- Upload clear scanned copies of your recent photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Select the paper(s) you wish to appear for – Paper 1, Paper 2 or both.
- Pay the application fee online by choosing an appropriate payment option.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page for your records after successfully submitting the form and making the payment.
- Check the application status and download the admit card in due course from the official website.
CTET 2024 Selection Process
- Candidates must secure 60% or more in the CTET Exam to be eligible for teaching in a private or Government School
- Minimum marks differ for reserved categories
- Every year, teachers are selected for Classes I to VIII based on the Central Teaching Eligibility Test (CTET)
- Candidates aspiring to teach Classes I to VIII need to clear both Paper I and Paper II
Central Teaching Eligibility Test 2024 Exam Pattern
|CTET Paper 1
|CTET Paper 2
|Number of subjects
|Child Development and PedagogyLanguage-ILanguage-IIMathematicsEnvironmental Studies
|Child Development and PedagogyLanguage-ILanguage-IIMathematics and Science or Social Studies/Social Science
|No. of questions
|Type of questions
|+1 for a correct answer 0 for an incorrect answer
|+1 for a correct answer 0 for an incorrect answer
For more such informative posts, follow all the updates from employmentalerts.in