Indian Institute of Technology Delhi has invited applications for almost 25 Assistant Professor job openings. The application process has already commenced on the official website of IIT-D, home.iitd.ac.in. The recruitment notification states vacancies in multiple departments, centres, and schools. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria including academic background, publication records, and other prerequisite qualifications before applying for the posts.
|IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Notification Overview
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
|Assistant Professor Grade I/II
|No. of Vacancies
|Start of Application
|Last Date to Apply
|December 15, 2023
|Mode of Application
IIT Delhi Recruitment Notification 2023 PDF
IIT Delhi has released the official notification for a special recruitment drive meant to recruit SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD/EWS candidates for the Assistant Professor position. Interested candidates are advised to go thoroughly by the recruitment notification before applying for recruitment. Click the direct download link below to download the IIT Delhi Recruitment Notification 2023.
|IIT Delhi Assistant Professor Recruitment Notification PDF 2023
IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Online Apply Link
IIT Delhi invites applications by SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD/EWS candidates through the recruitment notification dated 14.10.23. Candidates must hurry to apply for the position before the application window closes on December 15, 2023. Candidates are advised to learn about recruitment-related important information from eligibility to salary before the final application. Interested and eligible candidates can apply by clicking the direct application link given below –
|IIT Delhi Assistant Professor Recruitment 2023 Application Link (Direct)
IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professor Job Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates can verify the required academic qualifications and the minimum work experience to qualify for the job. Candidates are advised to refer to the official Assistant Professor Recruitment Notification 2023 for specialisations and the special qualifications required for the particular opening.
Academic Background –
- Ph.D., with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree.
- Specialisation in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout
Work Experience –
- At least three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post
- The experience gained before and while pursuing Ph.D. is excluded for consideration.
- Candidates with PhD but with less than three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade II)
Other Skills –
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate education
- Demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research
Age Limits –
Maximum Age: 35 Years (as on December 15, 2023)
Age relaxations apply as per the Government of India norms.
IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
Candidates will have to go through the following steps to join IIT Delhi for the Assistant Professor role –
- Interview/Presentation –
Applicants who satisfy the eligibility requirements for the IIT Delhi Assistant Professor Recruitment 2023 are required to attend an in-person interview with the IIT Delhi selection committee on the designated date specified by the recruitment authorities overseeing the Assistant Professor recruitment at IIT Delhi.
- Merit-Based Selection –
After the interview, a merit list of the candidates will be presented for the IIT Delhi Assistant Professor Recruitment 2023. The non-negotiable final decision of selection for the post resides with the IIT Delhi Recruitment Committee and it shall be binding on all.
IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professor Salary & Benefits
Candidates can refer to the below table to find the salary and benefits attached to the Assistant Professor(GradeI/II) Jobs –
|Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
|Pay Level 12
(Rs. 101500 – 167400/-)
|– Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) and telephone charges
– Candidates for the post of Assistant Professor are eligible for “Young Faculty Incentive Fellowship”, initially for 3 years from the date of joining or till their movement to Pay Level 13A1 whichever is earlier.
– Reimbursement of Relocation chargesA start-up Grant of ₹ 20 lakhs for carrying out research for 3 years.
– A Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of ₹ 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years
– Faculty are eligible for Chair Professor Positions that entitle them to a grant of ₹ 5 lakhs per annum for an initial period of 3 years, extendable up to 5 years.
– Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation periods for carrying out scientific research work.
– Flexible Sabbatical Leave facility
|Assistant Professor (Grade-II)
|Pay Level 10
(Minimum Pay: Rs. 70900/-)